New Baby Alert: Liberty Grace Lawrence

New Baby Alert: Liberty Grace Lawrence
Photo Credit: Axelle/Bauer-Griffin.com

Whoa, baby! Liberty Grace Lawrence has arrived.  The new baby, born March 4 is the second daughter for Joey Lawrence of Blossom and Dancing With the Stars fame and his wife Chandi Yawn-Nelson.

The baby's name is no surprise.  Back in November we wrote about the name Liberty Grace when the parents-to-be announced the name for their yet-to-be-born baby.  Back then we wrote:

"Liberty has had a huge upswing in popularity in the last few decades.  Not in the top 1000 names in the 1990s, Liberty reached spot 502 by 2003.  As Baby Name Wizard comments, Liberty "surfaces at historical moments when Americans contemplate their freedoms," such as after the 9/11 attacks.  Currently the name is at spot 620, at a time when America is engaged in two wars overseas and home front domestic battles."

In an interview in PEOPLE , Joey explained the name choice: Liberty “is something I’ve always loved,” he said, while Grace is in honor of his grandmother, who passed away in 2009.

Baby Liberty is younger sister to Charleston Lawrence, Joey and Chandi's 3-year-old daughter.

How do you like the name Liberty? Is it a good sibling match for Charleston?

--J.B.

Comments

March 6, 2010 6:09 PM

I don't mind the name Liberty. I think Libby is a cute nickname and Liberty had a great meaning.

Charleston, on the other hand, is terrible. Especially for a little girl. She'll be called Charleston Chew her entire life.

March 7, 2010 2:12 PM

I think that the nicknames for these two names flow together nicely. Charlston and Liberty; Charlie and Libby.

March 9, 2010 4:10 PM

She will not be called Charleston Chew. I am 35 and I had to think for a moment to recall what that actually was. I am sure my kids will have no idea what a Charleston Chew is.

March 9, 2010 6:11 PM
By Sebalek (not verified)

I wouldn't have picked Charleston, though I like the nn Charlie for a girl. Charleston and Liberty sound good together, but they come off as a brother/sister pair, not two sisters. Liberty is interesting, but also not something I would pick.

I'm 28 and have NO IDEA what a Charleston Chew is. I had to wiki it to find out it was a candy (one I've never seen in my lifetime), so I doubt that will be an issue with the Lawrences' daughters' generation.

March 9, 2010 8:47 PM
By Kristin (not verified)

Charlie and Libby..... i like Charlie but I don't like Libby. Bertha is worse. I think Libby is more for the kind of girl who is fat and sloppy. BUT THAT'S JUST ME!!!! A good name for Liberty is Ti-Ti, but she'll be picked on.

October 24, 2010 7:10 PM
By Liberty's mommy (not verified)

my Daughter's name is Liberty Grace Bell. She was born 7/5/09. I call her Libby and everywhere we go people remember her because of her name.

May 9, 2013 5:12 AM
By cheap custom essay (not verified)

I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? Nice.

May 13, 2013 5:35 AM
By Cheap Web Design Company (not verified)

Especially for a little girl. She'll be called Charleston Chew her entire life.

December 17, 2013 5:38 PM
By consolidate your debt (not verified)

I wanted to thank you for this unique read. I definitely savoured all bits and pieces of it including all the comments and I have added you to my bookmark list to check out new articles you post.

September 10, 2014 1:12 AM
By Stanley High School (not verified)

What a well created website i have found here Thanks.

September 16, 2014 6:55 AM
By read more (not verified)

I Really wanna thnx the author for this lovely piece of information for us..