Patriotic Celebrity Baby Names

Patriotic Celebrity Baby Names
Photo Credit: VENTURINI/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM

Can you tell how patriotic a celebrity is by what he (or she) names her baby?

Based on baby names alone our Top 3 Most Patriotic Celebrities are:

We were surprised not to find more celebrities with patriotic baby names in our Celebrity Baby Names Database -- no Jeffersons or Washingtons, no Americas or Americuses. Can you think of other patriotic names and celebrities who have used them for their babies?

(for more on patriotic names see: http://www.babynamewizard.com/archives/2006/11/born-free and http://www.babynamewizard.com/archives/2010/6/emmerich-the-beautiful)

--J.B.

Comments

July 2, 2010 4:40 PM
By Dominique

The actress America Ferrera -- but I don't think she has any babies yet!

July 6, 2010 12:58 PM
By Katsy (not verified)

Is Reign Beau's last name Rhames too? Reign Rhames is a bit too close for me! Though I like the themey-ness, it's never something I would use myself.

July 6, 2010 2:37 PM
By Mamapeas (not verified)

Libertybelle/Liberty Bell
America (with nickname pronounced 'Ah-mary')

These were an actual sib set I heard one time!

I've also heard of someone giving their child the name President (In the not-so-popuar-trend of Sir, Queen, Princess, etc.)

I also like the name Lincoln for a boy.
It's the only one of the presidents names to me that just screams America.

Ulysses
Grant
Ford
Quincy
Adams
Truman
Raegan
Theodore
George
John
Clinton
William

All feasable 'Presidental' names but all more stand alone names with no real association to the average person, I'd say.

Maybe Washington and Roosevelt too, with more of a historical American tie, but I can't imagine those for first names!

I suppose you can't also forget how the names Barack and Obama soared after the inauguration of our current President.

July 7, 2010 12:57 PM

A friend of mine has a very presidential son: Jackson Monroe LN.

July 8, 2010 6:50 AM

Id say Kennedy would probably be the most popular President name. Kennedy or Reagan. Or Jackson obviously, but that has less Presidential connotaions.

Obvioulsy first names such as William, George, Ronald, Theodore, John ect aren't really associated with the presidents.

October 19, 2012 2:41 AM
By hermes bag replica (not verified)

Nice and good job. Thanks for sharing.