Jessica Simpson Baby Name Predictions: We'll Give You Ours, You Give Us Yours

Jessica Simpson Baby Name Predictions: We'll Give You Ours, You Give Us Yours
Fame Pictures

There's no doubt about it, Jessica Simpson's anatomy has sparked many a headline over the years. However, this time it's not about how the pop-singer-turned-billionaire-businesswoman looks in her Daisy Dukes or mom jeans. It appears that the bubbly blonde is going to be a first-time mother!

Let's back up a minute to say that the tuna-lovin' Texan has not confirmed that she's pregnant. No spokesperson statements. No tweets. No Facebook status updates. No nothing. But we've been around the block with the whole celebrity pregnancy thing and unless our perfect, 20/20 peepers are deceiving us, Jessica very clearly is sporting a baby bump. She even gave her growing belly a rub for photographers yesterday. So while we wait for her to spill the beans during an exclusive interview on a morning show or a magazine cover, let’s pretend we're part of her inner circle — already privy to her very exciting news — and talk a little about baby name possibilities.

The early gossip is that Jessica and her fiancé, ex-NFL player Eric Johnson, are expecting a girl with the names Morgan and Karen on their short list. We could maybe see Morgan (No. 63 on the Top-1000 popular name list), but we’re not buying Karen (No. 246). It seems to plain for Jessica, who, despite rising to fame by playing up her ditzy side, has grown her fashion company into a billion dollar empire. Karen doesn't have that special flair that screams: I'm the daughter of an A-list celebrity mogul! (Sorry, Karens: We still love you!)

If we were to take a guess, we’d say Jessica would give her baby a sort of goofy, glamorous, girly name. What immediately comes to mind is the floral name Poppy, which has never appeared on the name charts. We love it because it's cute, charming and colorful. Similarly, Pippa could be a contender. It has never appeared on the Top-1000 either but, thanks to Pippa Middleton, it’s getting a lot of buzz. Then there are just super girly-girl selections like Lilianna (No. 669), with its feminine purr and burst of vowels, or the adaptable Francesca (No. 494), which can sweetly be shortened to Frankie.

If you think about it, Jessica is surrounded by a lot of names ending in “ee” and “y.” There’s her little sister Ashlee Simpson, best bud Cacee Cobb, late dog Daisy and currently pooch Bentley. So that adds a little extra weight to something like Poppy but also makes us think of names like Esmée (meaning "loved"), gem name Ruby or Everley ("grazing meadow").

Jessica’s sister Ashlee got very creative when naming her son — Bronx Mowgli Wentz. The first name is obviously a place name, one of New York City’s five boroughs, and Mowgli is the little boy in The Jungle Book. Find out more about Ashlee and ex-husband Pete Wentz's wildly original naming choice.

One name we don’t think will make it onto Jessica’s short list, especially if she's having a girl, is Tenacious D. While you’re probably saying “Well, of course not!” Jessica actually had a dream earlier this year that she had a son with that very name — inspired by the band fronted by Jack Black. “That was a strange one,” she said of her dream. But, as we discussed in our story at the time, "Maybe Jessica's dream-brain was nudging her gently toward music and musician names" as it's "a natural choice for a young woman known for her pipes before she was known for her gams." Or her Daisy Dukes and mom jeans.

Tell Us What You Think: If Jessica Simpson is indeed pregnant, what do you think she'll name her firstborn? Do you like any of our suggestions, like Poppy? And why don't you share your best picks of girly-girl names, musical names, fashion names or anything else you think would be perfect for Jessica and Eric below.

--S.B.

Comments

October 24, 2011 8:45 PM
By Jeanni (not verified)

I think she'll go more toward a classic Southern name rather than something decidedly more British like Poppy or Pippa. I think Ruby's a contender, maybe Savannah or Katherine.

October 24, 2011 8:59 PM
By StephJ (not verified)

I think it will be something trendy-sounding for sure. I liked the suggestion of Everley. I think it will be something like that, or maybe Presley to combine the idea of musical inspiration and -ey endings.

October 24, 2011 9:02 PM
By Jennie

ooh! Presley is a good one!

October 25, 2011 8:50 AM
By Kelly (not verified)

I actually think it would be neat if she went with Karen! (Like others said it would be unexpected for someone like her.)

October 25, 2011 12:10 PM
By Elisabeth@YCCII (not verified)

Morgan and Everley are the only ones that feel very "her."

I'll take a stab at it:

Teagan
Harper
Carlisle
Waverly
Ember
Jaynie (you know, to make it original)

October 25, 2011 12:28 PM
By Amanda (not verified)

Paisley
Maisie
Aubrey
Emily
Ella

October 25, 2011 12:45 PM
By LAURA89 (not verified)

I feel like during her Newlyweds show she said she liked the name Payson for a girl. Of course that was years ago and many boyfriends ago as well. I can see her going ultra trendy or surnamey!!

October 25, 2011 4:58 PM
By Faye (not verified)

I actually think Karen makes sense for her. It's a little retro, and it's normal (which seems at the essence of Jessica: a somewhat girly, fairly all-American girl). Both Karen and Morgan (at least, as a girl's name - or is that her boy's choice? If so, I am so pro) are very nice, not the MOST popular name in their generation but still common, somewhat feminine names.

Karen actually belongs to several celebs - although it's more popular in the UK. Karen Elson? Karen Gillan?

To be honest I don't see her doing something ultra trendy, if only because it seems too CLOSE to her sister; they seem very affectionate but very very different in personality.

October 27, 2011 11:39 AM
By HiLary (not verified)

I agree. I could see Jessica naming her daughter something a little more mainstream, but super feminine:

Ava
Emma
Ella
Sophie
Lily
Celia
Olivia
Stella
Delilah
Charlotte

October 29, 2011 1:43 PM

Isabelle!!! Nickname Belle

November 8, 2011 2:01 AM
By Amala (not verified)

I can only imagine Jessica to be into silly trends such as -ayden names and random nouns/words/surnames, because she always came across as that sort to me. My money's on Brayden for a boy and Cadence or Nevaeh for a girl.

February 11, 2012 12:25 PM

You all seem to be forgetting how much her family means to her. I think she would look at the names of some of the males & females within her family, and Eric's family.

I also think that Maxwell Joseph, would make a great name for a boy. I think I saw some where that Maxwell is Eric's middle name. Joseph for her dad of course, can't forget him!(Max or Little Joe for short)

And don't forget her sister Ashlee Nicole, either one would work. I also like Nicole Cacee (for her sister & best friend). That just rolls off my tongue. Tina (her mom) might work, if she paired it with a nice middle name.

March 5, 2012 7:16 PM
By hillary (not verified)

My instinct is that she might pick a name from her family, or her husband's family, but maybe with a modern spin. i.e.

Drew (her mother's maiden name)
True (shortened version of her father's middle name Truett)
Max (from Eric's middle name Maxwell)

I could also see them choosing a name like Eden.

I do not think they'll pick Karen, as it's too close in sound to Eric's ex's name, Keri.

March 6, 2012 3:34 PM
By Jane (not verified)

Wow there are some great guesses here! I imagine her going for something sweet and girly but also modern-sounding, like Coco, Aria, Kaelyn, Lilah, Isla, Lola. Poppy occured to me too. Or, modern androgenous, like Peyton, Taylor, Riley, Bailey/Bayley, Kennedy. Carlisle too maybe. I can not see her going for a "grandma" name (eg Agnes, Ethel) or something traditional and classic (eg Catherine, Elizabeth) but it would be great to be surprised!

March 12, 2012 3:40 PM

I think she will name her Ruby because of the symbolism behind it.

June 13, 2012 2:49 AM
By Arthur van der Vant (not verified)

Simpson began singing at a local Baptist church, where her father also worked as the congregation's youth minister. At age twelve, she unsuccessfully auditioned for The Mickey Mouse Club.

June 30, 2012 9:00 AM
By Casey Smith (not verified)

I saw her picture of a magazine when she was pregnant. I find it really hot. She looks good there though she is pregnant. - Mercy Ministries

October 10, 2012 1:08 AM
By Jennefer Woodley (not verified)

It appears that the bubbly blonde is going to be a first-time mother.

October 15, 2012 12:59 AM
By Cammie Latimer (not verified)

There's no doubt about it, Jessica Simpson's anatomy.

October 18, 2012 1:08 AM
By Ivory Albert (not verified)

The early gossip is that Jessica and her fiancé, ex-NFL player Eric Johnson.

March 30, 2014 6:59 AM

No matter what name she will give it has the same result as she is a daughter a popular personality. - BentleyForbes

• Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.