Will Everybody Hate This Name?

I am having a daughter in three weeks, and my husband and I decided to name her Idabelle Fae. When I told people this, it seemed as if they were making fun of the name. Should I still name her that?

-- Lucy

I am currently expecting my first child. If it’s a girl, I really want to name her Ramona after my grandmother. Upon soliciting others' opinions, I got fairly mixed reviews. The negative reactions mostly stemmed from the "moan" part of the name or that it sounded too old-fashioned. What do you think of the name? Should I just go ahead with it?
-- Allison

It looks like focus groups have moved from the marketing department to the nursery. And why not? If film studio execs can rely on panels to amp up the laughs in a comedy, and car manufacturers can use them to choose features for a new convertible, why shouldn’t parents turn to the wisdom of the crowd to help choose their children’s names? Aren’t twenty or thirty opinions more reliable than two or three?

There are times when it’s invaluable to listen to the crowd. If literally everyone you speak to looks horrified by your future child’s name, it’s worth considering whether there’s something off-putting about your choice that you haven’t noticed. Perhaps the name carries a connotation that would weigh your child down.

But focus groups have their drawbacks too, in business and in naming. Very few things in this world are universally loved. (Air, water, and vanilla ice cream? Maybe Audrey Hepburn?) When a movie tries to please everyone, the results are often bland and formulaic. Aiming for the automotive common denominator has given us cars in four shades of gray.

The same is true with naming. Can you imagine if every new baby born in America received a focus group-approved name? “Isabella and Jacob, meet Isabella and Jacob.” Yes, they’d all fit in well, but we’d all miss the diversity that comes from going out on a limb. I’m glad to see both the familiar and the exotic in my naming landscape.

So keep your focus groups in perspective. It’s easy to overreact to negative responses, because they pack an emotional wallop. If you polled ten people, how many wrinkled noses did you really see? If it was only one or two, that’s pretty much inevitable with any unusual and strongly styled name. If it was eight or nine, it’s time to accept that your favorite name may cross the line from unconventional to unappealing, which isn’t fair to your child. In between you’ll have to weigh the tradeoffs, realizing that the more a name stands out, the stronger reactions to it will be, both good and bad.

Comments

February 6, 2012 10:26 AM

Idabelle is a horrific name. You better hope she's drop dead gorgeous and has fantastic self-esteem, because that name invites cow jokes. Say it out loud, you can hear the clunk of the cowbell in the second syllable. Try Ada, Iris, Adelaide, Annabel, Christabel, or Arabella instead.

Ramona, on the other hand, is a wonderful name! Ask those criticizing you what names they'd suggest; they're probably twenty years out-of-date (Ashley, Nicole, Ryan, etc.). You've found the holy grail of baby naming: a name everybody knows, yet it's rarely seen in nurseries today, and it's not still tied to an older generation. It even has one standard spelling and several nicknames!

February 6, 2012 10:49 AM
By Sarah (not verified)

I don't care for Idabelle. Ida itself would still have that old fashioned feel (great grandparents on both sides of my family tree are Ida), but adding the belle on the end does have a very country feel - and not in a positive way for me. That being said, if it is a name you absolutely love, go for it.

I like Ramona better. Not a name I would choose, but still common in the past and will fit in with some of the other older names which are coming back into style.

February 6, 2012 11:11 AM
By Jennie

I think Idabelle is a adorable -- fits in with Adas, Adeles, Idas, Anabelles etc. we're not used to hearing it right now, but I think in a few years it will sound quite normal.

February 6, 2012 11:19 AM
By Sabrina (not verified)

Idabelle Fae sounds like a name from Hee Haw. Ramona is OK. Not a name I would choose, but it's not ugly, strange or too old fashioned. It reminds me of Ramona & Beezus.

February 6, 2012 11:36 AM
By Annee (not verified)

Aww, I think they are both cute names ... of course, they have different mothers (everyone got that, right?). I've always liked the name Ramona ... but I never would have guessed that it peaked in popularity in 1928. And poor little Idabelle, appearing on the list of Top 1000 names once -- in 1891! (I would have guessed "none" -- but I was wrong!) I too have several Ida's in the family tree and think that "just" Ida is sweet (as apple cider, as they used to say). Both these names are part of the "old-fashioned" trend and are, imo, much better than the "random 'y'" with an "n" ending made up names. But, to each their own, huh?

February 6, 2012 12:50 PM

Ramona is an awesome name. Seriously, I just figured the most comment you'd get is just people being like, "Ramona? Like Ramona Quimby from the books?" which isn't really that negative. Go for it.

February 6, 2012 1:23 PM
By mk (not verified)

Ramona is a great name. I'm with the poster who thought most people would bring up the Ramona books.

Idabelle Fae though, sorry LW #1 but I'm not a fan. Honestly, if someone told me that's the name they were going with, I'd think they were just trying to hide the real name until the baby was born. But if you really love it, use it. She can always go by Ida if she prefers (which I like much better than Idabelle). Ida Fae sounds fine, the -belle seems unnecessary.

I agree with namelady, we tend to remember the negative more than the positive. Were most people making fun of the name? Or one or two people?

February 6, 2012 1:24 PM

I love the idea of taking old names and making them different, or just using them straight up. But I think its nice to give them a twist. Eg: we have family names of Elyce and Ann. So our first daughter is Annelyce. Its a real name that's not way out there, but pretty, and honors many. My favorite great grandmother was called Grandma Flower (her real last name was Plant). Her first name was Norma--even she hated it. So in her honor the middle name is Rose--it's a flower like grandma's nick name, but in her honor, instead of exactly her name. So maybe Ramey instead of Ramona (though I don't mind Ramona itself). But I agree with everyone else on Idabelle. Not a fan. When I first read it, I pronounced it id-a-belle, not eye-da-belle. Both are not good in my opinion.

February 6, 2012 1:45 PM
By bw (not verified)

hate Idabelle Fae. It feels like you're trying to take advantage of too many trends at once, and failing at all of them:
-belle/bella
-Ida and Fay = fall under funky old lady names that could gome back (like Maeve)
-Fay is already an unusual name--why change the spelling to the even rarer Fae? No apparent reason other than to attract attention.
-Look at your keyboard. It will be mis-typed as Isabelle by everyone, all the time.

Ramona, on the other hand, is awesome, as everyone has said: unusual, but familiar, distinctly feminine, strong, easy to spell and pronounce, and associated with one of the best children's protaganists of all time! What daughter wouldn't love having a whole series of books starring a funny, curious, spunky, bright girl with her name?

February 6, 2012 3:51 PM

Ramona is a great name, but one that I think a lot of people have trouble seeing on a baby-at least until they actually meet her. And the Ramona books are great! I'm sure any girl would enjoy having a name in common with her.

Idabelle on the other hand, not so much. It seems like too much of a mash-up and I agree with the pp who thought it sounded like too many trends combined. Sometimes simple is better. I like Ida by itself and Fae is adorable (and I love that spelling)--Ida Fae is a great name. But Idabelle just seems a bit overdone.

February 6, 2012 6:58 PM
By Lucy (not verified)

We went through this same predicament when naming our baby girl, who is 8 months old now. We ended up naming her Elna Fae and I can tell you that we don't regret it, but we don't get a lot of praise. Elna is her maternal grandma's name and Fae is her paternal grandma's middle name. We wouldn't change it, and really hope that she will love it, even though it is unusual. We loved Fae so much we almost used it as a first name. From the comments I've read so far, it sounds like that might not have been a good idea. But then again Elna isn't a fan favorite either. I say, pick what you love, especially if it has meaning to you (family name's in our case) and pray that she will be gorgeous and confident like another reader mentioned above. :)

February 6, 2012 8:09 PM
By Waffler (not verified)

I think Idabelle Fae sounds great! I have no cow-related or back country woods connotations from it at all. However, just the fact that almost everyone here (with a couple exceptions) panned it, means that you'd better be careful. I think it's a lovely name, but do realize you'll get a lot of reactions like this from people when you introduce your lovely baby daughter to them.

If you think you'll be able to take it, go ahead, and I applaud you! Otherwise...think carefully about whether you'll really want to put up with those jerks.

I don't think it's cruel to your daughter or anything though, because she could always choose to call herself "Ida" or "Belle" or whatever, if she really decided she didn't like her pretty name.

February 6, 2012 10:13 PM
By Eliza (not verified)

I think Idabelle is adorable. It sounds old fashioned, sweet and it gives her several options for nicknames. My only concern would be if you live in area where most of the newborn girls have names like Hailey, Ashlyn or Alexis (ie old fashioned names aren't popular). But even then, its only a minor concern. I also like Fae and I don't think that spelling comes across as 'trying too hard' - I'd certainly pick it over 'Fay'.

And, of course, Ramona is another great name. If your friends don't immediately think of Beverly Cleary when they hear 'Ramona', I feel sorry for them.

Best of luck to the both of you!

February 7, 2012 1:02 AM

I have to join several others in giving a thumbs up to Ramona, and a thumbs down to Idabelle Fae. Ramona I think is a great choice: it's pretty, has a couple of great literary associations, and strikes the perfect balance between obscurity and popularity.

I think the biggest problem with Idabelle is that it's a clunkier, more hickish version of the very popular Isabelle/Isabella. (Isabella has been the #1 name given to American baby girls for a couple of years running.) So not only would she have a name that's likely to sounds similar to several other girls in her grade, it will compare negatively to them. Fae doesn't sound bad in and of itself, but it further hickifies Idabelle the same way Mae, Lou, etc. would. Plus that spelling makes me think of a race of fairies in a fantasy novel; Faye or Fay would be better. I'd suggest Isadora Faye, Arabella Faye, Adelaide Faye, Imogen Faye, or Amelia Faye.

February 7, 2012 9:57 AM

Idabelle Fae sounds like a bumpkin trying to be sophisticated. Don't do that to your daughter.

February 7, 2012 12:28 PM
By Leigh (not verified)

I have to say, I'm on the YES Ramona, NO Idabelle Fae train too...since you're asking. My reasons have all been mentioned above--the only association I have with Ramona is the adorable children's books, and it's a name that will fit in with the old-fashioned trend going on these days but is definitely not overused. Holy Grail indeed!

Idabelle Fae is just too much to my ear. I like each part individually (although I'm already kind of over -belle names, to be honest) but the whole thing together is pink ruffles on daisy dukes. There are so many ways you could easily tone this down and have a really winning name...I would advise you to keep thinking and playing around with it. The name we ended up with (and L-O-V-E) was one I happened across that was similar to the one we'd been seriously considering, but with a twist that made it so much better.

That said, I mostly wanted to agree with the Name Lady about focus groups. We made the mistake of sharing a favorite name long before we were having kids, and the reactions just killed it for me. When it was time to actually name our child, we kept our choice 100% secret from EVERYONE until she was born. People are a lot kinder once the name is bestowed and there's a cute baby to associate it with.

Good luck to you both! (but go with Ramona!)

February 7, 2012 12:31 PM
By Kelly (not verified)

I rather like Ida - especially when pronounced "Eeda" - but Idabelle I just can't get behind. Fae is nice but the spelling! Why not Fay or Faye?

February 7, 2012 12:56 PM
By Allison (not verified)

I know someone named Idabelly - and I I hear is "I the belly." But Idabelle... it's not terrible. I've heard worse.
I would more concerned with people mistaking it with Isabelle - which I typed like 5 times before I could get the IDAbelle part right.

I love Ramona. Mona is a spunky nickname, or Ramy/Romy.

February 7, 2012 1:03 PM

I LOVE both names - Idabelle can be Ida, or Belle, or Bella as well - very versatile! Please go with the name you love and forget about what anyone else thinks - and the easiest way to do that is to keep your mouth shut! I never would have dreamed of telling anyone what I was going to name my daughter before she was born - to avoid the exact same thing you're going through. So go with the name you love and keep quiet about it! What you choose to name your child is no one else's business. If anyone asks, just say that you still haven't decided.

February 7, 2012 1:11 PM
By Aschocia School (not verified)

Will "everyone" hate your kid's name? No. Most folks won't actually care what you name your daughter, AT ALL. Honest.

So now you're really only concerned about family and friends, and the other parents and teachers at their school someday. This comes down to personal comfort. Would you wear a vintage square-dancing frock to back-to-school night, complete with crinolines? Then you can easily pull off having a kid named Idabelle Fae. If you would feel self-conscious about the dress, you'd probably feel self-conscious about a vintage name that's well into quirky territory, too.

Here's the last question--are you worried about whether SHE will like the name, or just other people? Because really, the child herself is the only one whose opinion will matter in the end. And that's a vote you can't count on, either way--you just never know. You could poll fifty women named Idabelle, but they still can't tell you about your daughter's future feelings.

February 7, 2012 1:20 PM
By Faye (not verified)

As a "Faye" who plays with her name by using -fae in her usernames, I'm assuming the fairy connotation is intentional, not a trendy.

By the way, I'm in the minority who thinks that both Idabelle Fae and Ramona are great names (Ramona has the benefit of being a pop culture reference relevant to both the 70s/80s generation with Ramona Quimby and the younger one with Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim - both are spunky, fiesty girls, so you may be inviting trouble, but you're certainly invoking a great spirit! - and of course it's also an older popular name).

But of course I think you shouldn't solicit group opinions of your kids' names in the first place. In the end you'll regret it if you don't do what makes YOU happy. Plus your child could always change her name anyway.

February 7, 2012 1:22 PM
By Faye (not verified)

*trendy spelling. Whoops.

February 7, 2012 1:40 PM

We have a little Faye and get a lot of compliments on her name. And the people who don't love it all have babies named Madeline, Madison and Ava. They like top ten, we wanted something unique but not weird. I didn't really care about their opinions. I think Idabelle is cute - it actually has grown on me even more in the 3 minutes it tok to read this thread and it's a REAL name. Not something silly and made up. Go for it - when your little girl embodies a sweet Idabelle, no one will say anything to the contrary about her name. And Ramona is awesome. I definitely thought of Ramona Quimby but that's a great childhood memory!

February 7, 2012 1:49 PM

Ramona is a lovely name! I know two adult Ramonas and a toddler and I've never thought anything bad about the "moan" part of the name.

Idabelle though, I'm sorry, sounds to me like someone with a speech impediment trying to say Isabelle. I'm not a fan. If you love it, use it; just my reaction to the name though.

February 7, 2012 1:56 PM
By almk42 (not verified)

I'm not a fan of Idabelle, but everyone has their own tastes. I'd say the biggest drawback may actually be what I only saw in one of the comments, the potential for mis-spelling. Reading it in the post the first time, I had to look twice because I read it as Isabelle and wondered what was strange about that! I'd say unless you want your daughter to be called Isabelle often, I'd think hard about it. What about dropping Fae and just using Ida Belle?

Ramona I love. First thought was the children's books, second was a very good middlle school teacher. Go for it!

February 7, 2012 2:04 PM

Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal has a daughter named Ramona...and then there's the Ramona on the "Real Housewives of NYC."

February 7, 2012 2:14 PM
By ValenzMom (not verified)

Why not go with Ida Belle? That way at home you could call her by both names, but she could have her friends call her one or the other when she gets older. I think that sounds much prettier than running the two names together.

February 7, 2012 2:18 PM
By hyz (not verified)

I personally have a lot of fondness for clunky and country names, but even I think Idabelle Fae is a few steps too far down that dirt road. I second Ida, Ada, Arabella, Annabelle, Isadora, Adelaide, Adele, Iris... Idabelle is just too much for me. I have no problem with Fae in general, but I agree with the others that it compounds the problems many perceive with Idabelle. Maybe Fae or Faye Idabelle? Switching them around also helps soften the overall effect.

Ramona is fine--cute, even--and the family connection gives a great reason to use it.

February 7, 2012 2:26 PM
By hyz (not verified)

Oh, and like someone said above--I think Idabelle Fae is actually cute, and it has grown on me just as it's had a few minutes to sink in. BUT. But. It does sound like a character on Green Acres/Beverly Hillbillies/Dukes of Hazzard. If that is intentional, and you are ok with those connotations, and maybe you are the type who likes to do something a little edgy with names--then I don't think Idabelle Fae is unusable. I do think it will be a bit of a challenging name for a girl/woman to bear, but maybe (hopefully) she will be the kind of cool, confident person who can pull it off with panache.

February 7, 2012 3:26 PM
By Sarah (not verified)

I really like the name Idabelle Fae. It is adorable and I think you should go for it. Ignore what others think.

I also like Ramona!! It is way cute and I love the name.

February 7, 2012 4:41 PM

Ramona is great. Idabelle is cute, but she's going to get called Isabelle a lot. Why not split it into Ida Belle? And then keep Fae (have to admit I prefer the Fay spelling) for another time?

February 7, 2012 7:30 PM

Idabelle - ok, Fae - ok, but not so ok together is my feeling. It's an overload of the Ellie-Maes and Lulamaes. If you're actually from an area where these names are usual, that's fine. I'm Australian though and my only term of reference is from corny old US comedies and over-made-up TV people (Tammy Fay?).

Ramona is a classical name, but it DOES have the "moan" in it.

February 7, 2012 8:10 PM
By Debbie S. (not verified)

Another vote in the minority - yes for both names! I have a beautiful Kindergartener niece named Ella Mae and the country sound suddenly sounds much nicer with a spunky little girl attached to it. I've come around and think others would too.

February 7, 2012 9:03 PM

Idabelle is cute, I just don't think it would work. On paper it's a cute twist on Isabelle; said aloud it's still fairly old-sounding. It doesn't even have the lyric l-sound of something like Lula or Ella to start off the name; I get the feeling that for a lot of people the name stops at "Ida." Fae is an adorable middle name, though- it gives the name the same rhythm as "Mae" without sounding quite so country.

Ramona I can't really think of any opposition to. Sure, it's got "moan" in it, but I don't think it detracts too much from the sound of the name (and hey, I've never heard anyone make the same complaint about "Ramon").

February 7, 2012 10:00 PM

I first thought Idabelle was pronounced id-abelle, not eye-dabelle.

I thought, Idabelle? Like a femininine form of Idiot?

That may sound really harsh, but that's honestly what my mind did with the sounds. I'm a fan of unusual names, but this one is really throwing me.

February 7, 2012 11:22 PM
By Julie (not verified)

Idabel is a character in Truman Capote's first novel "Other Voices, Other Rooms." The novel is semi-autobiographical and he based Idabel on his childhood friend Harper Lee.

While I prefer it spelled Idabel, Idabelle is very sweet.

While most people are going to associate Ramona with the Cleary books, there's also Helen Hunt Jackson's novel and Bob Dylan's song "To Ramona." It's one of Dylan's last songs from his unplugged days.

Both names are lovely.

February 7, 2012 11:57 PM
By Kassandra (not verified)

I really think most people have been too hard on the name Idabelle, I think it's beautiful. Isabelle is my fav name of all time, so it wasn't hard for me to like Idabelle, but I think it defiantly has more charm then most names out there today. Idabelle makes me think of some great story, like a girl from the olden days, some romance. And it's something that would be so unique and personal, anyone that actually loved her would love her name too, it might seem like a wort to some people, but it makes her up, makes her unique and special. I don't know for sure that it would be a name I'd pick, but I would consider it. It's beautiful, and if you and your husband love it, then go for it, to heck with everyone elses opinions. No one knows you, so they don't know who you are and what your tastes are. I love that you are trying to consider other opinions and what your baby would think, but if you image yourself having that name, and you think you'd like it, then go with it! A good idea too, would be to make the name more special for your baby, try to find a book or make up a story about a girl named Idabelle, tell her about it as she grows up, read it to her, then she'll be able to carry around someone that has her name, it would probably help her feel less different, but she would still be unique. She might not like being unique as she grows up, but in high school and much more so after she's out of school, who doesn't want to make an impact? Who doesn't try to be different then everyone else? My cousin was named Cortnie and she hates it, so who can say a more "normal" name will make your baby more happy then having Idabelle?

February 8, 2012 2:44 AM

I have a friend named Idabelle (she's in her 40s) and the name fits her perfectly. I admit I thought it was an odd name at first but it's certainly grown on me and fits her to a T. If you like the name, I say go for it! There are far worse names than Idabelle.

I love Ramona for all of the above reasons listed.

Reading these questions makes me glad that we're keeping our baby's name a secret until she arrives. I wouldn't be able to deal with the negative comments.

February 8, 2012 3:42 AM

I think Idabelle is great! I don't understand why there are so many strong opinions against it. Can't find anything wrong with it. I strongly dislike names spelled with unnecessary 'y's and 'k's in stead of 'c's etc. Idabelle is a proper name, it is unique yet uncomplicated. Isn't that what everybody is looking for these days? True that the 'd' and 's' are rather close on the keyboard, but if you look for trouble you will always find some. I would personally love to be called Idabelle! (PS. Our little one is called Chloe, my SO is less adventurous...)

February 8, 2012 9:01 AM
By Debbie (not verified)

I like Ramona and its great that its after a grandmother.

Idabelle on the other hand, I first read as Id-a-belle; as in idiot. Not to put to fine a point on it that's just asking for trouble on the playground, especially with the more common name Isabelle, and she'll constantly have to correct people on pronunciation.

Fae is a good name, and will probely be what she insists on going by the time she hits 13 because she will be thoroughly sick of Idabelle, and be utterly mortified if anyone calls her by her first name.

February 8, 2012 10:34 AM

I've noticed a lot of commenters saying "There are worse names than Idabelle." Talk about damning with faint praise! If the best that can be said about it is that there are worse options, then I think you have your answer.

Also, to all the people who say "If you love it, use it! No matter what anyone else says." - The parents were never going to be the ones making fun of the child or forming opinions based on the name. The mom is here asking for input because she cares what other people are going to think. She doesn't want her daughter to be saddled with a name that has mainly negative reactions.

Use Idabelle for a cat and I think you'll be fine.

February 8, 2012 11:12 AM

I love Ramona! Id venture to bet the people who disliked it favor common over used names. I say go for it!!!

February 8, 2012 11:43 AM

Idabelle seems overly frilly and sweet, and doesn't grow well. I can't see anyone over the age of 5 fitting the name. However, I dislike names that can be considered "sweet", "cute", or "adorable". Maybe all the people you polled have different tastes in names than you? I also think she'll get called Isabelle a lot. If you want a unique name it's best to avoid one that's only one letter away from a very popular name.

Ramona works for me because it seems good for a child and an adult, and fits the trend for old-fashioned names without being overused. The "moan" complaint seems silly to me.

These are both good examples of why you shouldn't tell people the name ahead of time unless you truly want opinions.

February 8, 2012 5:23 PM
By Erika (not verified)

I am the mother of a three-year-old named Ramona. Obviously I'm biased, but we love her name for many reasons, some of them mentioned by other commenters - it's feminine but strong (some sources say it means "wise guardian" or "protector"), well-known but still uncommonly used, it can feel traditional and yet spunky/modern, too, and it's used in multiple languages and cultures. And for us, the associations were all positive - the Scott Pilgrim character (and the Beck song from the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack), the Dylan song, the Beverly Cleary books, the Helen Hunt Jackson novel, and the song "I Heard Ramona Sing" by Frank Black (which is actually about the Ramones, but all the same...).

I'm generally not a fan of nicknames for my kids, but we've sometimes called our Ramona either Mona or MoMo, just as cutesy pet names for family, not for wider use. The "moan" sound in the name doesn't faze us in the slightest.

We've received nothing but positive comments on her name, although maybe people with negative opinions about it are tactful enough to bite their tongues!

February 8, 2012 8:09 PM
By Erika (not verified)

Oh - and I definitely concur with what others have said - unless you really need the help of a one or two close friends or family members, keep your name choices to yourself until your baby has arrived! Have confidence in your own tastes and ability to make these decisions - it's one small beginning step to feeling good about all the other (arguable more important) choices you'll have to make as a parent.

February 8, 2012 8:10 PM
By Erika (not verified)

Sorry about the typos - I shouldn't type while tired!

February 8, 2012 10:43 PM
By Corhea (not verified)

I think Ramona is cute & spunky and it's the perfect combo of heard of, but not overused.

Idabelle though, I just do not like. And I like it even less with Fae as a mn. I agree with the others that it sounds incredibly clunky & oh so country. If that's your thing then it may be a great fit but it isn't for me.

I agree that poor little Idabelle will constantly be correcting people on how to properly pronounce/spell her name.

February 9, 2012 12:39 AM

Hey, I am sorry, but when I read the name 'Idabelle Fae' I almost laughed, until I realized you were serious. Look, I was going to name my son Oliver, for a very good reason I will not go into now. A family member very rudely gave me a lecture and flat out had a cow. Yes, the comment was slightly crass, and it WAS none of his business, but I am soooo glad I listened! The name I finally gave him, Jonathan was a perfect hip kind of name for a perfect hip kind of son. Oliver would not have fit him at ALL! As weird as it may seem, SOMETIMES those closest to us really do see things we may be blinded to!

February 9, 2012 2:05 AM
By Emily (not verified)

Here's my two cents- I agree with the commenters about splitting up Ida Belle or even going with Ida Fae. Ramona reminds me of the book and the city in southern California.

February 10, 2012 9:20 AM

Like Ramona, not a huge fan of Idabelle (which my phone is trying to autocorrect to Isabelle).

BUT, I'm really writing to say I don't like vanilla ice cream. It's definitely hard to find something to please everyone.