Mariah Carey Set on Baby Names

Mariah Carey Set on Baby Names
Photo Credit: IGNAT/bauergriffinonline.com

She's not even pregnant, but Mariah Carey revealed Tuesday that she and husband Nick Cannon have already selected a name for their future baby. So what name does the songstress have in mind?

“We have to keep the name secret because if we told everybody, then somebody might use it and then we have to change it, and then it wouldn’t be as good,” she said Tuesday on SIRIUS XM’s Morning Mash Up. “We picked these names out a long time ago.”

We're betting more than a few NameCandy readers can identify with Mariah's point of view.  What names have you long kept in reserve for future children you may or may not actually have? Do you worry about friends "stealing" your name?

--J.B.

Comments

October 10, 2009 9:25 AM
By Dominique

I always thought that I was unique for loving Olivia, Sophia, Isabella... turns out a lot of other people love those names too -- all three are in the top ten most popular girls names right now! So keeping my preferences a secret would probably make little difference!

October 11, 2009 10:07 PM
By Lane

Ha, I had the same thing. I looooved the name Sophie... just like everyone else.

October 13, 2009 2:44 AM
By yakira (not verified)

keep it secret!!
everyone has the same name nowadays

June 11, 2012 4:46 AM
By Justina Kellogg (not verified)

the limelight, as the Kardashians get their fair share of attention. Reality TV will do that. Do the names in Kourtney's family give us any clues?

July 23, 2013 2:31 PM
By website (not verified)

Іf gеtting acrоss infοгmаtion wаѕ thе goal of thіs article then misѕion accomplished!
Greаt гead and keep on writing thank you!

July 23, 2013 2:35 PM
By http://www.ezrecordclean.com (not verified)

I just stuԁy anythіng similar to thіs weblog but I am glad I decіԁеԁ tο takе aѕpect in reading yоurs prior to і
went to sleep. Extremely fаntаstic use of details and I juѕt lіkе the plentiful
contеnt matеrial!

January 6, 2014 1:09 PM
By quicken loans (not verified)

I've spent several hours of browsing the internet just to discover this a single superior report!

I like your thoughts right here. Let's do a guest blog?