Names from a Time Machine

We admit it.  We loved the movie Hot Tub Time Machine. Not just because it was laugh-out-loud funny, but because so many of the details were so dead-on in terms of how we remembered teenage party films of the 1980s.

Do you think these Hot Tub Time Machine character names were well-chosen?

Adam, Nick and Lou: The three 40-something buddies transported back to 1986 to relive one party-filled day of their teenage years.

Jacob: Adam's 20-something nephew who gets transported back in time with his uncle and his uncle's friends

Blaine and Chaz: The preppy ski patrol duo who are the nemesis of the film's partying, time-tripping protagonists

Jennie: The idealized 1986 teen girlfriend

April, Kelly and Tara: Female love interests of the male protagonists

If the movie were to be remade in 25 years with the protaganists traveling back to 2010, what would the characters names be?

--J.B.

Comments

April 12, 2010 3:33 PM
By RobynT (not verified)

Fun! I think Blaine, Chaz, and Jennie are right on! I feel like Blaine hearkens back to 1980s movies if not actual 1980s names. The other names I think are believable as well. Not sure about April, Kelly, and Tara, though. They are the same generation as Adam, Nick, and Lou? I suppose it's believable...

April 12, 2010 10:43 PM
By Stephanie (not verified)

Adam would still be Adam, Nick would be Stephen and Lou would be Jared. April would be Maria, Kelly would be Stephanie and Tara would be Sarah. I just looked up the top 100 lists. Makes sense to me though. Didn't see the movie, but it looks funny.

April 12, 2010 11:18 PM
By zoerhenne (not verified)

I didn't see the movie. The names are good for the time frame and premise though. Stephanie, I think you missed the target though. What names scream (or atleast yell) 2010?
Jayden, Henry, and Noah
Khloe, Olivia and Emma

April 13, 2010 12:43 PM
By Julia (not verified)

I don't know, Zoe. Those names scream 2010 babies, but dudes who'll be in their forties 25 years from now would be the hot names of 1995

April 14, 2010 8:42 PM
By Ana (not verified)

That's weird.. as a 1995 baby, I don't think I've met anyone my age or close named Jared or Stephanie, and I can't think of a Maria or Adam. I would say the boys will be Tyler, Chris and Shawn/Shaun. The girls might be Kayla, Lauren, and Madison.

April 20, 2010 12:45 PM
By zoerhenne (not verified)

Yes Julia I misread the question.

November 14, 2012 12:10 PM

November 18, 2014 5:59 AM
By How apple pay works with passbook? (not verified)

I have easiest suggestion for you . While you choose name 1st you collect the many name and then select the one name.

March 27, 2015 1:37 AM
By vitamina para cabelo (not verified)

I've watched dopey, mediocre geniuses in Silicon Valley give up jobs that are in the 1% most desirable and cushy jobs because they're "not happy" and they need to hang out with idiot friends and travel to "new locations" in order to "recharge." That's good news, because it means anybody can become highly successfully if they can figure out the right track.

April 14, 2015 4:27 AM
By Easy Instalments For Electronics (not verified)

I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

May 8, 2015 2:47 AM
By Rechargeable battery pack (not verified)

I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories.

June 22, 2015 11:33 AM
By family dentistry complete sleep apnea (not verified)

Normally, your covered with insurance may possibly acquire compensation underneath a professional medical expenses supply regarding insurance in spite of who was the culprit pertaining to triggering their own incidents.