Are These Pilgrim Names Hollywood-Ready?

In honor of Thanksgiving this week, we revisit our favorite Pilgrim names.  No, no, not John and Mary.  These are real-life Pilgrim names that we think would be just as comfortable on today's celebrity babies as they were on the Mayflower Pilgrims and their babies in 1621.

(For more background on Pilgrim Names, please see this post from the Name Lady)

None of these names are currently attached to a celebrity baby in NameCandy.com's Celebrity Baby Name Database. Are there any names on this list that you think are more likely than others to get picked up by celeb parents? Do some of them remind you of other celebrity baby names?

-- J.B.

Comments

November 22, 2010 6:12 PM
By Lane

Totally Peregrine. It fits the whole Aviana/Sparrow theme. Plus there's Peregrine Honig:

I think Remember is a bit like Ever.

November 22, 2010 6:14 PM
By Jennie

Remember also reminds me of Fable and Story. Could Damaris be next year's Cosima?

November 22, 2010 6:31 PM
By Cassie (not verified)

I love Peregrine and Damaris. My daughter is Desiree, so I also like Desire. :)

November 22, 2010 6:59 PM
By kmc (not verified)

i love Remember. Considered using it as a middle name for my first but couldn't convince hubby.

November 22, 2010 8:17 PM
By Jade (not verified)

I have thrown Ocean or Ocea out there to my husband for the girl we are expecting. He kind of liked it but not enough to commit.

Oceanus seems like the one celebs would pick up.

November 22, 2010 10:11 PM
By Moll (not verified)

I know two different ladies named Damaris. One is Puerto Rican and the other is Dominicana, although they don't pronounce it like the linked entry. Pretty name, whether it's DAM-a-ris or Da-MAHR-is.

Myles, certainly, could be a hit, with the popularity of Miles. I think Giles is distinguished yet accessible, and I'm surprised the celebs haven't used it yet.

Remember is great, although NMS as a first name.

November 23, 2010 1:29 PM

I've heard Myles/Miles a lot. This isn't really new sounding IMO. Interesting that Damaris is a girl's name. I immediately thought boy becuas there is currently a college football player being eyed for the NFL that is named Damaris. If he makes it pro I could see his name becoming popular for boys of football fans.

Personally, I love Peregrine, and Giles has special meaning for me.

November 23, 2010 2:02 PM
By With an E (not verified)

Prudence, Temperance and Constance triplet girls. If I was daring, And actually had triplet girls on the way.

November 23, 2010 2:06 PM
By Faye (not verified)

Peregrine is a great name!

I also agree with Damaris - I had a friend named Damaris (pronounced Da-MARE-is) who was Puerto Rican/Portuguese in grade school, and these days I've been listening to a lot of Patrick Wolf so the name (pronounced DAM-a-ris) is on my mind.

November 23, 2010 2:09 PM
By Faye (not verified)

Oh, and I love the name Giles, but I can't unlink it with Buffy The Vampire Slayer's Rupert Giles, who was usually referred to as just Giles. I mean, Anthony Head is awesome, but I wouldn't name a baby Uther either (maybe I'm behind the times ;D).

November 23, 2010 2:16 PM
By Kira (not verified)

I know a Love at my children's school. She is a freshman in high school. She told me that she endured a lot of teasing and hated her name for years, but is starting to appreciate the meaning and rarity of her name now.

November 23, 2010 2:33 PM
By Rachael (not verified)

I adore Wrestling and Remember....but not sure I would be brave enough to use them.

November 30, 2010 4:50 PM
By Essy (not verified)

Peregrine is a great name but still a Hobbit's name in my mind. I really like it though - but I don't think I'd use it because it is a Hobbits name, I know people would want to use it because it's a Hobbits name

August 2, 2011 7:13 PM
By Kelcee (not verified)

Damaris isn't that odd of a name. It was my grandmother's name, and to me it's as normal as the sky is blue. I would definitely use it, especially as a middle name. (Her name was Rachel Damaris, but she went by Damaris.)