What Will the Beckhams Name Baby #4?

What Will the Beckhams Name Baby #4?
Photo Credit: Fame Pictures

David and Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham made headlines when they named their first son Brooklyn nearly 12 years ago. At that point, Brooklyn was only known as an outer borough of New York City.  The name seems a lot less weird today, as Brooklyn has enjoyed a meteoric rise up the popularity charts.  As a girls' name, Brooklyn is currently the 37th most popular name in the United States. (As a boys' name it still doesn't rank in the top-1000.)

The Beckhams subsequently had two more sons, Romeo born in 2002 and Cruz in 2005. Both names saw modest use before the Beckhams chose them for their babies, and both names have seen substantial increases in popularity since entering the spotlight as celebrity baby names. Romeo has risen from 567 in 2002 when he was born to 411 todayCruz ranked at 514 in 2005 when Cruz Beckham was born and has risen steeply ever since, currently sitting at #346.

With this weekend's announcement that Posh and Becks are expecting baby #4, we wonder what name they will next bring into the spotlight?  What do you think brings the names Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz together as a sibling set? What name will round them out? Share some of your best guesses in the comments below and tomorrow we will follow-up with some choices made by BabyNameWizard.com's Name MatchMaker.

--J.B.

Comments

January 10, 2011 9:34 AM
By Vanessa (not verified)

I think it will be a girl and they'll name it something completely unpredictable based on the names of the other children. Something very traditional and common, perhaps Elizabeth or Anna.

January 10, 2011 6:11 PM
By Kenya (not verified)

I think they'll name it either a normal name or something very old, but also classic like Mabel or Matilda or Olive or Valentin. Otherwise, it is possible that they will name the baby something like Bronx or Lysander or Colt. Nonetheless, I doubt it will be expected.

January 11, 2011 1:21 PM
By Jenny Also (not verified)

I think it will be a girl and I am guessing a place name or a "found in the natural world" name. Venice? Camelia? Fleur? Soliel? Venus? Willow?

If it's a boy I'm guessing a single syllable hip name like Finn or Smith.

January 11, 2011 5:55 PM
By Citty Cat (not verified)

If it's a boy, I bet they don't name him Maddox, Pax, or Knox :) Thor? Judah? Silas?

If it's a girl, I'm going to guess faux old classic. You know, one of those names that wasn't ever really a big hit of the past but kind of seems that way (like Lyda)... Or maybe some non-name cultural reference, which I lack the hipness to guess, or a French name that crosses over well, like Colette...

There, did I cover enough bases? ;)

January 12, 2011 7:09 AM
By Courtney (not verified)

I remember reading years ago that Posh wanted a daughter named Luna, so I wonder if that's still a contender.

January 17, 2011 3:00 PM
By elleireland (not verified)

The name will have its own first initial if they follow the pattern. And it won't be Biblical, but might be literary. They have a high likihood of having another boy.
But for a girl, I have lots of suggestions! It has to be different, pretty and musical-sounding.....Lila, Calla, Philippa, Aislinn, Flannery, Deirdra, Kyra, Delia, Arabella.
I don't care for Luna at all. But it's perfect for a yellow labrador retriever.

January 24, 2011 5:35 PM
By Elizabeth (not verified)

i heard MANY NAME RUMORS 4 POSH N BECKS :Maria, Luna,
Isabelle,Emma and 4 a guy i heard david

January 24, 2011 5:37 PM
By Jess (not verified)

maybe juliet cuz they have a romeo or london or paris they have a brooklyn