Antonio Sabato Jr.'s Third Child Will Have Very Long Name

Antonio Sabato Jr.'s Third Child Will Have Very Long Name
Juan Rico/Fame Pictures

At some point early in grade school, most teachers require their students to learn how to write their whole name. And for most kids, that day is no big deal. But we suspect that when Antonio Sabato Jr.'s forthcoming baby boy reaches that fateful day, he'll have a slightly different experience. Why? Well, for starters, the full name Sabato and his girlfriend, Cheryl Moana, have chosen has 41 letters.

Yep, we're serious. The couple has announced their intention to name their son after his father and grandfather, which means he'll be the third Antonio Sabato. So far so good. But that's only half his name. He's also getting two middle names: Harvey and Kamakanaalohamaikalani.

The Hawaiian name Kamakanaalohamaikalani means "a beloved gift from the heavens," which is clearly a beautiful sentiment to bestow on your child. It also makes sense because Moana, though born in Oregon, was raised in Hawaii, where both her parents were from.

As for Harvey, we have no idea what meaning the name may hold for the couple. But we like it, if for no other reason than it's almost as unexpected of a choice as Kamakanaalohamaikalani.

We know of only one other celebrity baby named Harvey: Harvey Daniel Price is the son of English model Katie Jordan Price and soccer player Dwight Yorke. (It almost goes without saying that we know of zero celebrity babies named Kamakanaalohamaikalani.)

We appreciate the fact that Sabato and Moana's choice of names will honor both of their families. We like, too, that while they have chosen an unusual middle name for their son, his first name is familiar, easy to pronounce and won't cause him much difficulty. We're still not sure why the baby needs two middle names, especially when one of them is 22 letters, but we trust they have their reasons!

This is the first child for Moana but will be Sabato's third. And we're struck by the wildly different names of Sabato's children. That the children have three different mothers probably has a lot to do with the very different naming styles, of course. But still, it seems like Sabato might have had some input. His eldest child, who he had with ex-girlfriend Virginia Madsen, is Jack Antonio. And his daughter, whose mother is Kristin Rossett, is Mina Bree. Other than the fact that Sabato obviously likes the idea of naming his sons after himself, the names Jack, Mina, Bree, Harvey and Kamakanaalohamaikalani appear to have very little in common.

What do you think of the name Antonio Sabato Harvey Kamakanaalohamaikalani Sabato III? Did you consider or choose a long and unfamiliar name for your child, because you liked its meaning or wanted to honor your heritage?

--V.L.

Comments

January 21, 2011 9:33 PM
By Kate (not verified)

Doesn't the child's middle name have to be the same as his fathers to qualify as a junior or 111 or anything? I'm not a huge fan of any of his kids names except for Harvey. I've always loved Harvey, I have no idea why!

January 22, 2011 12:00 AM

Hope the eldest doesn't feel bad that Antonio is being used again.

January 22, 2011 10:56 AM

Is Sabato both the baby's middle name and last name?

January 25, 2011 1:22 PM
By flaca (not verified)

I like the use of Antonio for his sons - in my friends family they used the father's name for the middle names of all the sons. It was a sweet tradition that incorporated tradition, continuity and ethnicity.. good for them. Now my friend is doing the same in her family with her sons as are her brothers. I applaud them for using tradition and not trends for their naming styles.

January 25, 2011 4:18 PM
By shadelit (not verified)

It's a bit odd to use Antonio in different ways for different sons, IMO, but not appalling.

My son has a long, somewhat unusual name. People have commented that it's a big mouthful for a little guy, if used in it's entirety (but who ever calls a small child by all of his names?) Anyway, I'm always happy to hear of kids who have much longer, far more unusual names.

I like Harvey. I like Antonio. I like the idea of honoring the Hawaiian heritage. I'm less impressed by how they all go together.

January 25, 2011 5:28 PM
By Top 10 Name of the 70s (not verified)

I'm pretty sure he WON'T be the III if his name differs from his father.
My nephew has the same first name as his father, but a diferent midle name - so he is technically not a "Jnr".

I love Hawaii and its language. But that name is an awful mash-up of cultures!
Why not something simpler like "Kai"??

September 4, 2012 2:18 AM
By alexander mcqueen clutch (not verified)

As London 2012 ended with a golden goodbye, Kate shook off the absence of hubby William and dusted off the elegant multi-petal print "Bella" number to cement her reputation as the High Street Princess.

September 4, 2012 2:52 AM
By Alexander Wang bags (not verified)

Bo Xilai, right, then China's Minister of Commerce, and his wife, Gu Kailai, attend a memorial ceremony for Bo's father in Beijing. / By Alexander F.

November 19, 2012 10:28 AM
By Peak Performance Outlet (not verified)

You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

November 19, 2012 10:30 AM
By Peak Performance Jakke (not verified)

hey was just seeing if you minded a comment. i like your site and the theme you picked is super. I is going to be back.

November 19, 2012 10:31 AM
By Woolrich Outlet (not verified)

Recently i found your website and also have been reading along. I was thinking I’d leave my 1st comment.

January 4, 2013 9:15 PM
By correct pellet makers (not verified)

It should be noted that whilst ordering papers for sale at paper writing service, you can get unkind attitude.

September 3, 2014 6:03 AM
By url (not verified)

This blog is helpfull me.Because this blog inspire me to do gigantic task.thanks providing this post