A Girl Named Santa for the Beckhams?

A Girl Named Santa for the Beckhams?
Photo Credit: Fame Pictures

We were skeptical when we heard the latest news from Baby Beckham watchers.  A report in the tabloid The Sun claims that Victoria "Posh Spice"Beckham loves the name Santa for her baby girl on the way.

In case you haven't been following the blow-by-blow, celebrity watchers LOVE speculating about what Victoria and David Beckham will name baby #4, their first daughter. The Beckhams famously named their first-born Brooklyn, which seemed outrageous in 1999 when he was born, but is now quite common. The other Beckham boys are named Cruz and Romeo.

Earlier tabloid reports claimed that Victoria has already used her favorite girls' names for her dogs - Coco and Twiggy.  (see The Name Lady's take on naming a baby after the dog) Yesterday's report claimed she plans to name the baby girl Santa after Santa Monica, California:  “Posh thinks Santa Beckham has a lovely ring to it and wants something unique. David prefers something traditional, but will probably go along with what she chooses.”

But today her reps are calling the report "tabloid nonsense," according to OK!

As for us, we have a few more clues to the kinds of names Posh favors for a girl.

We ran our "clues" through BabyNameWizard.com's Name MatchMaker and pow-wowed among our staff to come up with these up-to-date suggestions for the Beckhams (see our earlier suggestions here):

What do you think?  Do you have a favorite name for the Beckham baby? Are you sticking to your original choices or does the new information change your name choice?

--J.B.

Comments

April 12, 2011 10:49 AM
By CeCe (not verified)

One of my former schoolmates, in fact, has a daughter named Santa (SAWN-tuh). Poor thing's a bit chubby too.

My choice for the new Beckham baby girl? Well, "Go-Go" sounds like a poetic cross between Coco and Twiggy. I'm going with that...Go-Go Beckham.

April 12, 2011 11:11 AM
By Jennie

Hey CeCe, I like your suggestion of Go-Go, but I kind of like the ring of CeCe Beckham!

April 12, 2011 11:52 AM
By jenny also (not verified)

I don't think they'll do Go Go but could totally see GiGi. I think the namematcher's names were right on. Others I think the Beckman's might go with:

Azure
Venus
Venice

April 12, 2011 11:53 AM
By Martina

I actually think Santa is a beautiful name, especially if pronounced in the traditional Italian way SAHN-tuh (Santa means "saint")

April 12, 2011 12:29 PM
By Caro (not verified)

I like Sonnet or Zanita.

April 12, 2011 12:34 PM
By Erin (not verified)

I think they'll stick with a "location" type theme..

Brooklyn, Cruz (Santa Cruz), Romeo (Rome):

Paris Beckham
Savanah
Sidney
Dallas
Geneva
Carolina
London
Florence

(Victoria - also a "location")

April 12, 2011 12:40 PM
By Jennie

Ooh, Erin! Interesting theory.

April 12, 2011 12:45 PM

good thinking on the location ideas. I hope no one ever chooses Santa again, because everyone will still say 'santa' not 'sahnta".

I think a location type name, but the ones Erin suggested seem pretty normal, and they seem to go for abnormal names. Although Romeo may just be the Shakespeare one, not Rome. So maybe Portia.

April 12, 2011 1:50 PM
By Rina (not verified)

Santa is a terrible name. If they use it they then have Santa Cruz. Seriously? That's brutal.

April 12, 2011 1:58 PM
By Roland and Conrad's mom (not verified)

I imagine it would be weird telling her about Christmas... only to see her disenchanted when she learns her namesake is a fairy tale.

April 12, 2011 1:58 PM
By Sarah (not verified)

Ooh Portia is really cute.

The only one I like on the original list for the Beckham Baby is Paloma.

April 12, 2011 2:21 PM

I think Monica Beckman is great, if they want to name her after Santa Monica, or combine the two names to get "Sanica" or "Monta".

April 12, 2011 5:26 PM
By mk (not verified)

I like Monica if they want to name her after Santa Monica. Aside from Zuzu and Hero I like all the suggestions in the matchmaker list. For place names, I can see them going with London.

I don't like Santa at all, in any pronunciation. And people will associate it with Santa Claus, not a city.

April 12, 2011 8:00 PM
By Azure (not verified)

They could go with Santos. It's the masculine version of Santa, but it can be used by girls.

I'm 99% sure she's pulling everyone's leg.

April 13, 2011 5:08 AM
By Jane (not verified)

I remember when she was pregnant last time, there was speculation that if she had a girl it would be called Armani.
I wonder if she's going to surprise us though - she wouldn't be the first person to have one naming style for boys and a different naming style for girls. Maybe she'll go for something sophisticated. Being a Victoria, however, I doubt she'll be going for something like Elizabeth or Josephine - most people seem to react against their own names and want something completely different for their own child.
I'd love her to have an Octavia or Cosima or Valentina! But I bet it will be something like Nova or Xavi or Yvie or Lux or Viva or Poet!

April 13, 2011 1:39 PM
By Custard (not verified)

I can't help thinking that this baby girl will have some sort of 'music' themed name - after all, Victoria was a Spice Girl.

So my guesses are

Poet
Lyric
Sonnet
Cadence
Harmony

April 13, 2011 3:26 PM
By hyacinth (not verified)

In the UK, they call him Father Christmas, not Santa Claus, so maybe the Beckhams have only come across Santa while living in California (or Spain)

April 13, 2011 6:59 PM
By Jane (not verified)

I lived in the UK for many years, until only recently, and trust me, the English definitely know who Santa Claus is!!

May 16, 2011 4:06 PM
By Stephanie (not verified)

I think the place names seem to be their style. I think it will at least have something to do with California. I was thinking they might actually go with Callie or Cali- short for California. Monica doesn't seem to be their style and Santa is weird, even for them. Callie Beckham sounds cute. Callie Victoria Beckham even sounds good.

November 15, 2012 9:46 AM

Earlier tabloid reports claimed that Victoria has already used her favorite girls' names for her dogs - Coco and Twiggy. (see The Name Lady's take on naming a baby after the dog) Yesterday's report claimed she plans to name the baby girl Santa after Santa Monica, c California: “Posh thinks Santa Beckham has a lovely ring to it and wants something unique. David prefers something traditional, but will probably go along with what she chooses.”