What Will Mariah Carey Name Her New Babies?

What Will Mariah Carey Name Her New Babies?
Target/FAME Pictures

Mariah Carey is officially a mother!

The songstress and her husband, Nick Cannon, welcomed their special delivery -- twins! -- in Los Angeles at 9:07am PST this morning, their rep has announced. The little lady was the first to make her debut, weighing in at 5lbs, 3oz., and her little brother was next, at 5lbs. 6oz.

Now, the important stuff: names! Well, the couple -- who celebrate their third wedding anniversary today -- may have picked out names before Mariah even became pregnant (see our post), they are actually still undecided at this point, their rep noted. (Update: The babies are Monroe and Moroccan.)

Just weeks before the babies were born, Nick spoke more about their naming game plan. "They won't be crazy names like Carburetor or something," he told People. "But they're definitely unique." He also talked baby names with Rachael Ray, which we detail in this post.

What are your best guesses for the new babies' names? Share them below and come back later to see if you were right!

--S.B.

Comments

April 30, 2011 2:29 PM
By Lindsay (not verified)

I guess Kevin James took Kannon so the boy won't be Kannon Cannon. Maybe Carrie for a girl. Carey Cannon. And for the boy... Christopher Cannon

April 30, 2011 4:34 PM
By LGB (not verified)

I can see Mariah giving her daughter her name. She's like that.

Though she does have a dog with a very simple name: Jack. So maybe it will be simple

April 30, 2011 7:09 PM
By AngelaAiea (not verified)

I'm going to guess Clover for the girl and Casanova for the boy.

(But I wouldn't be shocked if she ended up with things like Dragonfly and Memory.)

April 30, 2011 8:15 PM
By Missy (not verified)

When I think of Mariah I can only imagine her picking names that make my brain hurt.

May 1, 2011 3:48 AM
By Custard (not verified)

Catherine and William?

May 1, 2011 3:48 AM
By Ames (not verified)

The Girl Nicholle The Boy Mario

May 1, 2011 10:40 AM
By JeNelly (not verified)

I think khamaree for the boy & kamila.
BUT if you want to go with the look a like names pick Justice & Justine , that will be cute for them .

p.s. CONGRATES MARIAH HOPE YOU LOVE BEING A MOTHER :)

May 1, 2011 12:34 PM
By Annie Redd (not verified)

Congratulations Nick and Mariah, may your life as parents be blessed by God.

May 1, 2011 5:26 PM

how about Alfred after her dad, and Patricia after her mom?

May 1, 2011 9:46 PM
By Tiana (not verified)

Well if they're "unique" they'll probably be Kaydyn (the extra Y to make it super feminine & yoonik) & Brayden or Nevaeh & Jaxon

May 2, 2011 10:15 AM
By Leigh (not verified)

I guess Butterfly and Miles

May 3, 2011 8:42 AM
By elleireland (not verified)

Everybody is giving terrible suggestions. They've already said both names begin with the letter "M." Too bad, as I prefer twins' names that have their own initials.

But......

Matthias
McGuire
MacIntyre
Mick
Moses
Matteo

I hope they choose well.....my vote would be for Madeleine and Moses, or Magdalene and Matteo. Although I could see Mariah going for a city name, like Milan. Magdalene has a gorgeous nn....Lena. THEN she gets her own initial. Plus it would be a nod to Lena Horne.

May 3, 2011 12:16 PM
By Megan Carpenter (not verified)

My guesses are Mariah and Mario... And I believe she'll honour her Daddy... So... Maybe... Mario Roy... Or maybe she won't give them middle names... Or maybe Mariah Nicole Cannon... Hmm... can't wait to find out! I LOVE YOU MARIAH! You're going to be an amazing mommy! Deffinately the hands-on type who doesn't have other people raise them... I'm a Lamb 4 Life!
-MCB

Matthew
Marcus
Mark
Mickey
Mason

May 4, 2011 12:27 AM
By Mamapeas (not verified)

They did say 'unique' M names, all I've seen here are pretty unoriginal M names, I doubt it's anything we'll be able to guess. Although, I must say, Milan is a good go, though it is probably to close to his exes last name (Christina Milian). That's a big no no, lol!

May 4, 2011 10:18 AM

It STARTS with M!!!!!!! NOT C!!!!!!!!