Jenna Fischer's Baby Name

Jenna Fischer's Baby Name
Photo Credit: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures

In a case of life imitating art imitating life (sound confusing or sound familiar?) The Office's Jenna Fischer, whose TV baby name Cecelia made a splash here a year and a half ago, last week welcomed a real life baby of her own, Weston Lee Kirk.  (Fischer's character in The Office, Pam, is also expecting a boy; no word on the name yet.)

The name Weston may sound fresh to you, fitting the hot genre of cowboy names, especially with the nickname, West, without being quite so popular as Mason, Wyatt, and Colton.  But -- warning, trendwatchers! Check out the NameVoyager curve for Weston. Weston is on fire, ranking at 224 on last year's list of Most Popular Names in the U.S.  (Is it just us or does Weston sound like a mashup of uber-popular wild west names Wyatt + Mason?)

Weston's, um, eastern counterpart, Easton was chose by another Jenna -- Jenna Elfman -- for her newborn son last year.  Easton was also among the fastest rising names of 2010. (We described it at the time as a cross between Ethan and Austin.)

And to some, Weston, especially in its alternate spelling Westin, may sound more hotel chain than wild west.

Weston's middle name, Lee, is the same as dad's first name -- Fischer's husband is screenwriter Lee Kirk.

What do you think of Jenna Fischer's baby name choice? Do you like the name Weston Lee or do you prefer the name of Fischer's fictional baby Cecelia Marie better?  Any guesses on names for Jenna's Office alter ego Pam's yet-to-be-born on-screen baby boy?

--J.B.

Comments

October 3, 2011 3:36 PM
By K (not verified)

I like the nickname "West" quite a bit. As for a sibset for The Office...

Cecelia & Simon
Cecelia & Gus
Cecelia & James
Cecelia & Calvin

October 3, 2011 8:14 PM
By Den (not verified)

Really like Weston, but Easton is better.

October 3, 2011 9:35 PM
By Zoe (not verified)

I could have sworn this wasn't Jenna's first child. As for Cecelia's new little brother, I have no idea. I have a feeling it will not "go" with Cecelia because a) they never seem to on TV and b) Jim and Pam's fictional baby was named after Jenna's real life niece so unless her sister is expecting a boy in the next couple of months, they will be using a different source. I could also imagine them going with something "wacky" for cheap laughs.

October 4, 2011 12:00 PM
By Elizabeth (not verified)

The first thing I think of is Michael Weston from Burn Notice. Maybe that is the reason for the trend curve?

Is Fiona trending upwards as well?

October 4, 2011 1:22 PM
By Essy (not verified)

Weston sounds like the cool version of Winston to me. although I think Winston is definitely one of my favourite names, it doesn't have that innate coolness factor to it that Weston has.

As for Pam and Jim - I'm going to guess it's not going to be Michael or Scott.

October 4, 2011 2:04 PM
By mk (not verified)

I thought of Michael Westen from Burn notice as well.

I like Weston well enough, and I prefer it to Easton.

October 5, 2011 4:49 AM
By Top 10 name of the 70s (not verified)

Isn't Nicholas Cage's son called Weston? And he is a grown man!

October 5, 2011 3:24 PM
By Juju at Tales of Whimsy... (not verified)

I love Weston. He's friends with Colt and Cash.

October 19, 2012 2:47 AM
By hermes purses (not verified)

Good and nice sharing. Thanks and will come again.

November 14, 2012 11:50 AM

What do you think of Jenna Fischer's baby name choice? Do you like the name Weston Lee or do you prefer the name of Fischer's fictional baby Cecelia Marie better? Any guesses on names for Jenna's Office alter ego Pam's yet-to-be-born on-screen baby boy?

June 19, 2014 5:26 AM
By buy Molly online (not verified)

Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent You certainly understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that.

August 24, 2014 12:52 AM

All too often, sufferers of life altering pain find little relief from conventional medical means. By looking at pain through the perspective of Chinese medicine, acupuncture can provide relief from pain often where conventional medical methodologies fail. Acupuncture provides relief without the risks and side effects of drugs or surgery, making it a better treatment option to try first.