A Little Spice in Moon Bloodgood's Life with New Daughter Pepper

A Little Spice in Moon Bloodgood's Life with New Daughter Pepper
Fame/Flynet

It looks like actress Moon Bloodgood's holiday season had a little extra spice in it. The Falling Skies and The Sessions actress welcomed her first child last month with husband Grady Hall. They named their new daughter Pepper.

We've had a lot of fun covering spice, nature and color names over the years, suggesting everything from Periwinkle to Basil and seeing names like Sage, Saffron, Juniper and Poppy go on the rise. One of the most common spices however, Pepper, hasn't received much attention thus far.

Although a popular name for fictional characters, such as the cartoon Pepper Ann and Iron Man's secretary and love interest in the comics and movies, Pepper Potts, it has not been a particularly common moniker in reality.

We can't help but be a fan though. It's an adorable name, fits with the current trend in rising spice and nature names and although it's still fairly unusual to encounter, it's common enough in pop culture not to be completely lambasted as a ludicrous choice. Bloodgood must have known what she was going for, in possession of a very unusual name herself (her given name is Korinna Moon Bloodgood).

What do you think of the name Pepper? Are you a fan of spice names? We don't think we'll be seeing many Salts in the future, but what about some of the more unsual ones, like Tarragon, Cumin, Anise or Coriander?

--A.F.

Comments

January 7, 2013 11:51 AM

Pepper seems more like a kicky nickname rather than a given name. While the name on its own is cute, assuming the baby got dad's last name, Pepper Hall sounds like a building on a college campus to me!

January 8, 2013 4:14 PM
By Maranda (not verified)

Super cute! A great fit with the Poppys and Saffrons on the rise.

I think Ginger is due for a comeback.

January 8, 2013 7:25 PM

My name is Pepper, and I love my name. It was really irritating when I was a kid and no one believed that that was my real name. And yes EVERY ONE of my boyfriends got called Salt.

January 8, 2013 9:18 PM

I've been a fan of the girl's name Pepper long before anyone was talking about it. I had only boys, so I named my cat Pepper!

January 11, 2013 4:44 PM
By Andrea (not verified)

I love Coriander as a name.

January 12, 2013 11:01 PM
By PJR (not verified)

Wasn't Angie Dickinson's character on Police Woman named Pepper? Back in the 70s.

September 20, 2013 10:08 AM
By Ibiza Holiday (not verified)

Thanks for such a great article here. I was searching for something like this for quite a long time and at last

August 24, 2014 5:32 AM

nồi cơm điện toshiba

Hệ thống siêu thị Smilemart.vn chuyên cung cấp Nồi cơm điện Toshiba nhập khẩu Thái Lan sản xuất trên công nghệ Nhật Bản. Nồi cơm điện Toshiba với nhiều chức năng sẽ mang đến cho gia đình bạn những bữa cơm ngon, ấm cúng.

nồi cơm điện Thái Lan

Nồi áp suất điện Supor

Nồi áp suất điện đa năng Supor có nhiều tính năng để lựa chọn như nấu cơm, nấu cháo, nấu chè, om, hầm các loại thực phẩm, thức ăn,....Ruột được làm từ inox cao cấp, lòng nồi tráng men tia hồng ngoại, chất lượng tốt, giúp giữ gìn hương vị thơm ngon của món ăn.

Bếp từ Bluestone

Bếp từ giá rẻ

August 26, 2014 6:10 AM
By click here to buy carbonless ncr forms (not verified)

Browse and compare products and services before you make your decision. Its smart to comparison shop different products and brands unless you are determined to acquire a particular one. Opt for the one that provides the features you're wanting and compare prices, at the same time. Look at your chosen Internet sellers regularly to find out what new items they may have available for sale.

December 22, 2014 5:02 AM
By wdwdwd (not verified)

We have acquired an enjoyable experience masking spruce, characteristics and also coloration bands in the past, suggesting many techniques from Periwinkle in order to Tulsi and also experiencing bands just like Sage, Saffron, Juniper and also Poppy proceed on the rise. The most common herbs nonetheless, Pepper, hasn't obtained a lot focus to date.
cheap essay writers

July 9, 2016 3:45 AM
By philipjump (not verified)

Excellent article your post is really useful for my college presentation (http://www.essayscouncil.com)